Tuesday, July 13, 2010

First Post - My ideas for this blog

Well, here I am - finally starting a blog! I know that there are millions of blogs out there, so before jumping in I wanted to make sure that I at least made the effort to write things that were fairly entertaining.

This blog will be about the things I love, namely: Cats, Interior Design, Vintage Dolls and Food -n-Wine. I'm sure my first few postings are going to be quite simple and without a lot of bells and whistles. However, I do have a fairly strong computer background, so once I get the hang of this I hope to have colorful posts with pictures and links.

The title of this blog comes in part from the fact that I want to write about cats, mine and others, plus from one of my cats in particular - OJ. (Don't blame me, he came with the name and he's been answering to it for over 13+ years). Recently diagnosed as a diabetic cat, he now spends more time indoors than he did in his earlier years as a pampered rescue cat. I have discovered that I cannot leave open a cupboard door or cabinet door of any kind unless I want to find him inside. His curiousity is insatiable. More than once, I've finished cleaning the kitchen for the evening and settled down in a comfy chair with a glass of wine, only to realize that I haven't seen his darling orange face in awhile. A brief inspection of cabinets reveals him cautiously poking around inside, as only cats do. He looks at me as if to say, "What? I'm not finished inspecting."

Hey - looky here! :-) I found the pictures button and now you all can see my dear OJ! This picture was taken a few years ago, before he was diagnosed with diabetes. My next post will be all about how we found out, and what life is like with a diabetic cat.

Cheers!
Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment